Thursday, January 17, 2013

What's cooking Calla? Stuffed Parmesan Garlic Biscuits!

I am horrible at coming up with names for recipes I create or even more so recipes I see on pinterest and then decide to completely alter. It then loses its original name and just becomes "Eat it and tell me if you like it", as the statement towards my husband lol. I test drove this recipe not only on my husband last night but today for lunch on one of my best friends. 

I did not have a few of the things for the original recipe I saw so I pulled open the fridge and freezer and made substitutes. Now I introduce the super quick and easy and delightfully amazing Stuffed Parmesan Garlic Biscuits!

1 bag Armour turkey meatballs 
1 bag Publix shredded six Italian Cheese
2 cans (5ct) Grands home style biscuits
2tbsp butter (I used I can't believe it's not butter)
Cooking spray
Marinara sauce (I used Bertolli)
Sugar (optional)
Oregano
Basil
Garlic powder
Parmesan blend bread dip seasoning (got it in the bakery)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Spray a full size cookie sheet with cooking spray
I defrosted the meatballs and then microwaved them for about a minute




Step one:
Each grands biscuit pull into two separate parts (So a 5ct can becomes 10 pieces)

Sprinkle the shredded cheese on the whole thing making sure to cover it all. 

Place one meatball in the center and pinch the biscuit around it full making a ball. 

Place the seam side you just pinched close on the pan

Step two:
Take your butter and melt it for about 15-20 seconds

Use a brush to coat the top of each ball with melted butter

Sprinkle the bread dip seasoning across the top only (You can make your own blend with dried Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, and garlic)

Place a tiny pinch of the shredded cheese on top of this (That is what gives it the nice golden color on top after being baked)


Place in over for about 15 minutes give or take your elevation level. Once they are golden on top and crispy to the tap of a butter knife you can pull them out.


Step three:

For every 10-12 biscuit balls you will want half a jar of the Bertolli sauce and you can microwave this or simmer it and keep stirring.

I add 1/4 cup sugar
Oregano, Basil, and Garlic to taste. 

Serve either across the biscuit balls or as a dipping sauce as shown.



ENJOY!!! Not only did four fill each of us up for dinner but I sent four to work with my husband for his lunch, my friend and I had three each for lunch today, and the husband was sad they were all eaten when he got home! It was a slam dunk in the kitchen!

So technically I have knocked off 1 of 2 new recipes for the month. Granted, I did whip up a chicken dish the other night but I was not pleased with the photos so it is not something I am posting a recipe yet until I perfect it! 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment